ilovetech

Sunday, November 06, 2005

DELL W2600 26" (66cm) LCD TV

Do I buy this?

http://xrl.us/ibos

I need a TV.
I don't have a large living room.
I'd like to be able to hook the PC up to it (play downloaded torrents).

My worries are:
- is it bright enough?
- should I be waiting for some other technology?
- is the viewing angle broad enough (up/down and left/right)
- should I spend the extra and get this one: DELL W3202MC 32" (81 cm) LCD TV
- is the red push bad?
- PC performance has been identified as an issue (http://www.biosmagazine.co.uk/rev.php?id=221)

James and Gareth - I vaguely remember talking to you about these and one you owning one. Both had an opinion.
:)


I know this blog is really for apps and I'll delete this post after feedback.

Cheers

2 Comments:

  • I actually have a Dell 2005FPW, which is just a monitor, not a telly. If budget would have stretched at the time, I'd have bought a 2405FPW, which has had unanimously good reviews - 1920 x 1200 resoultion good, fast response time and bloody bright! Still not a telly though. The 2405FPW has DVI, VGA, S-Video, Composite and Component inputs (for HD - 1920 x 1200 being a 'proper' HD res). Only problem you've got there is that you'll need to get a Freeview box or whatever with an S-Video or Component (not composite) output for it be any good with standard TV. Also, it's not that big when compared to dedicated TVs.

    Coming back to those Dell TVs - they're actually new to me. Didn't know they were doing them. The connectivity seems excellent when compared to similarly priced/spec'd models from more typical TV brands, and 1280 x 768 'is' an HD res as high as anything else in this price range. If you're mainly planning on hooking up your laptop to it to view torrents, then I'm sure the PC performance is fine. Most TVs in this range and size don't appear to have response times as good as high end monitors - probably because it's assumed you will be sitting further away than you would sat at a desk using a computer.

    They seem pretty good to me for what they do. I'd seek out some more reviews.

    As far as waiting for some other technology is concerned, I'm sure it was James that was talking about organic LCDs...I'll him tell you about those!

    By Blogger Gareth, at 10:56 am  

  • oh...and don't bother deleting posts unless they're seriously off-topic! This sort of stuff is just as interesting and relevant to me ;)

    By Blogger Gareth, at 10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home